Type of Contract
Individual Contractor / Consultant
Deadline for Application
30 December 2021;
11:59PM (New York time)
The Filipino School is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based out of San Diego, California which aims to educate, awaken, and empower Filipino Americans (FilAms) to fully understand what it means to be Filipino. Through its flagship programs and activities, The Filipino School (TFS) aims to uplift the Filipino Nation, defined as wherever Filipinos may be, by addressing social issues plaguing the motherland and Filipinos in general. TFS works with key stakeholders in fulfilling its mission and the execution of the grand vision of bringing together FilAms to take active part in nation building.
TFS runs flagship programs in the United States and the Philippines related to utilizing digital platforms and products to communicate the grand vision to its Filipino American audience. The Filipino Story is a six-part educational animated series that tells the story of the Philippines and its people, in an easy to learn format. The project aims to bring context and understanding about our heritage and identity to the global Filipino youth. Through the use of animation, compelling musical score, and inspiring story, the project hopes to become more engaging and viewable for the young generation of viewers. On the other hand, TFS co-produces with ABS-CBN and The Filipino Channel “Filgrimage: The Digital Series” which is currently running on Amazon Prime Video, The Filipino Channel (TFC), and iwantTFC. Filgrimage (Filipino pilgrimage) is an annual program that aims to bring back Filipino Americans to the Philippines enabling them to delve into their Filipino culture and heritage. The two-week immersion experience provides the personal and cultural connectivity that is key to discovering a rich culture and heritage that can move, touch, and inspire participants to do greater things for the motherland.
In addition to currently running flagship programs, TFS engages in steps in the establishment of a global portal where all Filipinos will be connected. The domain http://onefilipino.com is a one-stop shop that will contain all information and services about the Philippines and all Filipinos. The portal will be a major resource for all Filipinos on history, culture, education, tourism, among other things. In the development of this portal, TFS engages in partnerships with organizations and individuals to help put together an implementation plan for this purpose. Additionally, TFS is engaged in exploratory steps in the establishment of a Filipino federal credit union in California.
TFS is in need of a Program and Administrative Assistant who will be primarily involved in providing ongoing support to program and administrative related activities of TFS.
Duties and Responsibilities
Within delegated authority, the Program/Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Director of Partnerships, Communications and Advocacy and will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provides direct support to the Director in all administrative and program management functions including, but not limited to, coordination of meetings, events, activities related to the TFS grand vision including planning and execution of efforts in the fulfilment of the grand vision;
- Provides direct support to management in ensuring smooth information and communication flow within both internal and external transactions and engagements;
- Drafts reports and/or highlights of meetings noting action points, deliverables, budget and timeline requirements, monitoring and evaluation, among others; Maintains proper document filing in relation to business operations and program management requirements;
- Provides support to content management systems, web and social media; Provides communication support to management in administration and monitoring of social media platforms; Drafts and posts content on TFS, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts, as directed;
- Provides support in the planning and implementation of programs, projects and activities to increase awareness of TFS grand vision and goals;
- Provides administrative support services including recruitment processes, travel and meeting planning, payment of salaries and invoices of consultants and other operations-related duties as required;
- Provides logistics support in the execution of events and activities in the Philippines including, but not limited to, promotion and implementation of The Filipino Story and Filgrimage activities on the ground.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT: Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
COMMUNICATION: Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform; Ability to effectively communicate intensions and requirements to internal/external stakeholders
DELIVERY: Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
ADMINISTRATION: Ability to manage day-to-day activities (including but not limited to travel management, facilities and asset management, policy and procedures maintenance) to meet operational needs
OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY: Ability to identify and execute opportunities to improve operational efficiency
LOGISTICS: Knowledge of logistics operations, principles and methods, and ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations
Bachelor’s Degree in any field;
Successful candidates shall possess the ability to communicate well in English and Filipino (verbal and written) and comfortable with working and conducting meetings both online and in-person; Has the ability to manage tasks slated and has the ability to manage multiple projects without compromising deadlines. Works well with people and able to collaborate with team members to develop projects, timelines, and strategies. Proficiency in using MS Office, Google Suite tools.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
Note: This position is initially funded for three months. Extension of contract is subject to performance evaluation and the availability of the funds.
To apply, send the following to [email protected]:
- Cover letter
- Comprehensive CV
- At least 3 references with phone number and email address